- Ground beef – 2lbs
- Sazon – 1 packet
- Sofrito – 1/4 of a cup
- White onion – 1 onion
- Red pepper – 1 red pepper
- Garlic – 1 garlic bulb
- salt – teaspoon
- pepper – teaspoon
- cilantro – 1/4 of a cup
- Mozerella Cheese- 1 cup
- Goya unpitted olives – 1/3 of a cup
- Sweet yellow plantains – 9 bananas
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the sweet plaintain and slice each one into 3’s.
- Then place them into a pan with olive oil or vegetable oil and cook each side until a nice light brown color and place them into a large bowl.
- Once you finish frying all of the bananas and FOOD RECIPE place them into a bowl let them cool off and start the ground beef portion of the meal.
- In a large frying pan, fry onion, red pepper and garlic.
- After about 5 minutes add the ground beef.
- After you add the ground beef add a packet of sazon and your sofrito.
- Once you see the ground beef looks cooked add some salt and pepper to your taste.
- Once the ground beef is to your liking add the olives and cilantro.
Layering Your Dish:
- Take a 9 x 11 baking pan and spray it with cooking spray
- Take your sweet plaintains that are in the large bowl and mash them together.
- After you do the step above, take 1/3 of that bowl and layer it on the bottom and add the meat on top.
- Once you do that add the cheese and repeat the steps above.
- You should finish with the cheese being on top of the meat.
- Cover your dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 – 45 minutes.
Finally you can enjoy with a nice bottle of Malta!
Credits by Ashley Yusupov